We invite you to submit to this summer’s Flash Nonfiction Competition. Our theme is Love and we can’t wait to see what you do with it.
What’s love got to do with it? All you need is love. Love hurts. Love in the time of [fill in the blank]. Love as drug, balm, currency, or weapon. Memories of love, dreams of love, hungry for love, drunk on love.
Love is a ferociously powerful concept, with as many meanings as manifestations. Send us your flashy personal essays, your attempts to wrestle this thorny, sticky, sweet subject into some artful meaning. Our editors will roll around in all that love and come up with a winner—sounds like a grand summer!
- We will accept contest submissions between July 1 and September 2.
- Please submit no more than two essays.
- Essays should be no longer than 500 words. Keep it flashy.
- We do not accept previously published essays. This includes pieces published in any online space, including personal blogs.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- No fiction, please! No poetry, please! This is a nonfiction contest.
- Editors’ Choice award. All submissions are eligible for this award.
- Readers’ Choice award. The editorial team will choose 4 stories and invite readers to cast their votes.
- Your story will be included in our forthcoming book of creative nonfiction.
- Your story will be made into a daCunha Audio Original by our professional actors, to be featured in our collection of audio stories and on a daCunha podcast.
- Your story will be performed - LIVE! - by professional actors, at the next daCunha Experience in October 2017 in Harrogate, England.
- We will share your story with daCunha subscribers, our social media followers, and our e-letter list. Add to this the combined influence/reach of our creative team, and it means that your work could potentially reach 30,000+ readers.
- Readers' Choice stories will be voted on from September 18 to September 25.
- Winners will be announced by September 30.
- Publication and prizes will begin mid-October.
- As a published daCunha writer you will, pending subscriber levels, be paid for your story. Read more about our commitment to #paythecreators here: https://dacunha.global/contributors/.
For highly amusing contest updates and surprise additions to the prize package, connect with daCunha via social media:
◦ Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dacunhaglobal/
◦ Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dacunha_global